The AGS features a single cut, semi-hollow body design. The body on this instrument is thinner than many other semi-hollow designs, and while is still delivers warmth, air, and body in its tone, the smaller form factor makes for a nimble, familiar feel for those more accustomed to a solid body electric.
Ibanez first introduced Artcore back in 2002 and it has remained a workhorse hollow-body guitar for musicians all over the world ever since. The Artcore's combination of quality workmanship and affordability has created legions of devoted fans from diverse genres as blues, country, rock and jazz. Artcore offers musicians the purity of an old school jazz-box or a hybrid semi-hollow rocker. The line is highly respected for its tone, sustain and, expressive playability.
- neck type: AGS Artcore/Nyatoh set-in neck
- top/back/side: Flamed Maple top/Flamed Maple back/Flamed Maple sides
- fretboard: Bound Walnut fretboard/Acrylic block inlay
- fret: Medium frets
- number of frets: 22
- bridge: Gibraltar Performer bridge
- string space: 10.5mm
- tailpiece: Quik Change III tailpiece
- neck pickup: Classic Elite (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- bridge pickup: Classic Elite (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- factory tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.030/.042/.052
- hardware color: Chrome